Friday, January 11, 2013

Rock and Sand path Sculpt

Working on this path. Has some hard edged rocks and sand. Still working on a lot of things for it. Let me know what you guys think.

UPDATE 1: made a low poly after doing some more sculpting and some painting of it. I'll put a pic of the end sculpt soon. Let me know what you guys think.

UPDATE 2: another update on the texture and more color contrast in some areas, also... fixed the AO i had so it doesn't look so round. I think now it has more shape to it. Any thoughts?

UPDATE 3: sculpt render and texture maps.

UPDATE 4: i realize that my cavity and renders from the map was not from the highest subdivision of my sculpt... so i took the highest to not loose any detail and it made a big difference. Maybe you can tell, here are the new renders and a screen grab of my shaded mesh texture. Let me know what you think. I think its a lot nicer and cleaner. Its using a 1024*512 texture atm.

UPDATE 5: Hopefully the last update, i darkened the rocks a little bit and the highlights so that they have a little more contrast and they don't look flat. Let me know how this works. I feel like the rocks have a little more shape, but the color seems to dark now. It works ok i guess. Which one is better?















No comments: